October 15 10:00 – 3:00 pm
Must Register Before Oct 11.
$10 / Student
Accompanying adult & children under 6 are free.
Location:The National Watch & Clock Museum
514 Poplar St.
Columbia, PA 17512
We have declared October 15 to be Homeschool Day at the Museum!
Families who homeschool their children are invited to spend time at the Museum on this day from 10 AM to 3 PM and participate in the following crafts and activities:
- Learn how water can be used to tell time
- Make a working clock to take home
- Go on a scavenger hunt through the Museum exhibits
- Learn how the sun can be used to tell time
- Play time-related games
- See a watch or clockmaker at work and learn about the special techniques used, such as artistic skills for decorating
Registration for this special Homeschool Day is required by October 11. The cost per student, age 6 and over, is $10 with no charge for an accompanying adult. For each additional adult attending there is a $6 charge. There is no charge for children under 6 years of age (unless they want to make a clock for $6).
See Firsthand How a Clock Becomes a Work of Art
For example, stenciling the glass on the front of wooden shelf clocks was a 19th-century craft and design technique (and it is still used today).
Demonstrations like this will be held throughout the day to inform and entertain.
2019 Home School Day
A Special Day Just For Home Schoolers
We Hope To See You There! 🙂